Some ultramarathon races become synonymous to sports tourism in a sense that runners join these races not only to challenge themselves with the distance and the topography of the place but also to “tour” the route. The mental and physical agony of an ultramarathon race is dampened with the welcome distraction of an interesting new scenery. This is what makes Isla ng Catanduanes Ultramarathon a highly recommended race for those seeking out something more from their usual races in a way that not only are you racing but getting acquainted with the “Happy Island” as well.
During the initial staging last year, a total of 90 participants get to experience what is coined as one of the most historical ultramathon races in the country. It covered four barrios of Virac, San Andres, Bato and Baras where the topography is considered challenging. Island provinces the size of Catanduanes are usually characterized by the vista of sea side roads meeting with the mountainous terrain as you go deeper into the heart of the island. These are perfect ingredients for making Isla ng Catanduanes Ultramarathon a must race for adventurous and thrill-seeking ultramarathoners.
Photos and captions courtesy of John Henri Mariano.
Put this into your yearly calendar of races!
Isla ng Catanduanes Ultramarathon 2017
October 20-21, 2017
Regular Registration fee (until September 30, 2017) 110k – Php 2500 65k – Php 2000
NOTE: As we anticipate for possible unforeseen circumstances during the production of finisher shirts, those who will register from September 16 to 30, the shirts are to follow. While those who will register today until September 15, 12noon your shirts will be claimed after the race. Thank you! A blessed Sunday everyone.
Inclusions: 110km – Bib, Finisher’s Medal, Finisher’s Trophy, Finisher’s Shirt, Certificate and Post Meal 65k – Bib, Finisher’s Medal, Finisher’s Trophy, Finisher’s Shirt, Certificate and Post Meal
Note: Top 3 Male and Female of 110km and 65km
Gun Start Time: 110km – 10:00PM, October 20, 2016 65km – 04:00A.M., October 21, 2016
Cut-off times 110km – 24 hours 65km – 14 hours
How to register: Payment thru Bank Deposit
Bank Name: Banco De Oro Account Number: 002120110502 Account Name: John Henri A. Mariano
Send your deposit slip via email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name, contact number and shirt size.
Rules and Regulations:
- All participants must be at the starting area 2 hours before the gun start.
- Mandatory Gears:
– hydration bag
– headlamp or flashlight
– aid kit
– reflectorized vest
– hydration bag
– headlamp or flashlight
– aid kit
- Participants should be 18 years old and up.
- Race Bib must be visible at all times.
- Motorcycle and Bicycle are strictly prohibited. Support is optional. Just in case you have your support vehicle, it must be registered to the race organizer. Failure to do so will result to disqualification.
- Support Vehicle must be always at the right side of the runners.
- Runners and support crew are not allowed to litter; anyone caught for this will lead to disqualification. Let us all help preserve the island.
- Support Vehicle and crew will not follow the runner at all times ( shadowing) – 110km and 65km participants will run in an open traffic.
- Runners are required to run at the left side of the road for safety reason.
- Runners who want to leave the race or want to discontinue the race he/she must notify the race officials.
- Runners are not allowed to enter to his support vehicle.
- Runners are allowed to sleep only outside the support vehicle.
- All Runners must follow the correct route.
- Runners must run in single file.
- Pacers are not allowed.
- Registration fee is non-Refundable and non-Transferrable.
- The organizer will provide aid stations along the route. (The distance of each station to be announced.)
- Every participant MUST finish his leg within the cut-off time if he fails he/she can still continue to run.
- To those who finished the race within the cut-off time 65k and 110k participants will receive Finisher Shirts, Finisher Trophies, Medals and post- race meals.
- Organizers have the right to remove any participants from the race either because of cheating, not following rules or due to medical emergencies.
- Top Finisher for 110K and 65K both Male and Female (Champion, Ist and 2nd Runner-up) will receive A Podium – – Trophy and entitled to a free slot next year’s edition of ICUM 65k|110k (2018).
- Claiming of race kits and race briefing date, place and time to be announced.
- Rain or shine the event will takes place.
- The 110k distance is open to all who finished several ultra – marathon distances. – Note: The organizer may require you to submit copies of finisher and medical certificates when necessary. Medical certificates are required to submit for safety purposes.
- The 65k distance is open to all who finished at least one (1) marathon or ultra-marathon. First timers must submit their medical certificates for safety purposes.
- Note: The organizer may require you to submit copies of finisher certificates if there’s any. Medical certificates are required to submit for safety purposes. – All the participants MUST sign the WAIVER before the race.
- Race kit claiming date and venue to be announced very soon.
- NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE DISTANCE.
- Be prepared and don’t think it would be an easy feat, but it will be a fun and outstanding adventure.
- There will be no cash prizes to be given to the top finishers.
- ICU Organizer, at any time, may make changes on the course and race details or rules for the benefit of all runners.
- Any runner caught cheating or violating the race rules will be subject to outright disqualification. The Race Organizer’s decision is final.
- Enjoy the race. Run if you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just don’t QUIT!
- Register now, limited slots only for the 110KM and 65KM.
For more information, you may contact 0909 825 6457 | 0999 902 8886
or email at email@example.com.